TheStreet.com Ratings

I have long been a fan of TheStreet.com Ratings - the rating service formerly known as Weiss.



I see them as the tough grader in the world of insurance company ratings.



AM Best is the easy grader. An incredible percentage of insurers have a Best rating of A- or better. That fact has always caused me to scratch my head. In everything else in the world groups populate a bell-curve. Not insurance companies (according to Best), most of them are Excellent or Superior.



The Street.com Ratings is a bit different. I count 167 out of 4300 insurers with a rating of A- or better - that's 4%.



Sure, I still use AM Best Ratings. Frankly, they are the brand everyone knows.



However, I always check the TheStreet.com Rating - http://www.thestreet.com/insurers/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...