Pet Insurance - Claims Experience

This past June I bought pet insurance on our puppy. The premium was $172.44 ($1,000 deductible, 80% copay, no coverage for preventative care). The insurer is PurinaCare - Central States Indemnity Co. of Omaha.



In September we discovered that the dog has liver problems. We worked with our vet and Tufts Veterinary School. She had an operation. Total cost: $3,000.



Also in September Chloe decided to tangle with a porcupine. Total cost: $1,500.



On October 9 I faxed the claim forms and bills to PurinaCare.



On October 20 I received a letter from PurinaCare asking for me to contact the vets and have info sent. I had the info from one vet and faxed it that day. My other vet sent info the next day.



Today, November 4, I got a check from PurinaCare for $2,800 (the $4,500, less deductible and copay).



I am very pleased with how this worked out. PurinaCare was professional and prompt. Turning the claim payment around in less than a month is quite reasonable.



The only way this would have been better is if it didn't happen at all.



Bravo PurinaCare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...